Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reality-checks on: 大智若愚, 大愚若智 / 聰明多被聰明誤 / 傻人

I posted earlier this evening the following comments on Vince's April 29, 2010 blog article entitled "大愚若智"

Vince:

The Chinese-language side of my brain has no problem understanding the concept of 大智若愚, 大愚若智 etc.

And my English-language brain actually agrees with the adage 聰明多被聰明誤 - too smart for his/her own good.

But my political experience / instinct tells me that 傻人 (real or percieved) do not last long in this town !!!

Haricot May 2, 2010 11:22 PM


It is one of those reality-checks that I often do.

++++++++++++++++++++

(Update) An excellent response from Best Actor:

haha, fair enough! ;o) all joking aside, i think doing silly things or doing stupid things are a little different. at work, there will always be rules and protocol to follow, but in one's private life, one can calculate all one wants, or can follow his/her heart and do some silly things... it's all about context and circumstance, i guess.

May 3, 2010 8:09 AM

No comments: